18 Things In Life That Feel Awesome When They Happen For The First Time
The novelty of feeling happy about something that has happened for the first time is special.
Because it happens for the first time, the moment becomes a permanent addition to our cherished memories forever.
1. The first salary check
The ecstatic feeling of finally making it into the adult world, and frantically trying to figure out how to spend the money – treating friends, giving it away to your parents or putting it in the bank?
2. The first kiss
Even if, in later life, you realize that the kiss was not as great, the fact that it was your first kiss remains embedded in your memory.
3. The first letter you write to your loved one
The writing was as awkward as you in your teenage years – gawky rushed and pouring with enthusiasm.
4. Your very first friend
Your first real friend, and if you value the bond and make an effort to keep it alive, that friend will be forever.
5. Your first crush
The fast beating of the heart, the torrent of random thoughts, the slur in the speech as you spoke and the rush of happiness when it was reciprocated.
6. Moving into your first apartment on your own
Your first place you can live in. The first place you can call your own. Home.
7. The first time you share something deeply intimate about yourself
The first time you opened your heart and let something heavy go, and in a wave of relief, you felt lighter and better. That’s when you realized that sharing lightens the load.
8. The first time you sleep with someone you love
No sex. Jut sleeping with them.
9. The first time you took a big calculated risk
And it paid off successfully. Oh, the thrill!
10. Your first journey alone
And trying not to splurge on everything that you see on the way.
11. The first time you see your work becomes successful
And people actually pat you on your back for the good job you did.
12. The first time you see a newspaper clipping about you
One for the frames on your household walls.
13. The first time you hear the words “I love you too”
The best three words ever spoken.
14. The first time you gave a performance on stage
The rush of adrenaline and the satisfaction of a crowd applauding after.
15. The first time you get on a plane
Turbulence just makes it even thrilling.
16. The first day at college
Will they like me? Will I make friends?
17. The first time you stood up for yourself
The time you realized that enough is enough.
18. The first time you got tipsy and high
That was the shizz, bro.
Life may not be perfect right now, but when you are in these moments, you somehow leave the worries aside and cherish them with the deepest pleasure.